Sunday, March 16, 2014


Finally the blue flower is done!  Something I've discovered with embroidering is that knots are treacherous.  In the previous post, the only way I could get the knot out was to cut it and start over.  A waste of thread and lost time.

Here's what it looked like wants I started adding the white thread:
I did a crisscross pattern in the light blue petals and added a set of three daisy stitches to the dark petals.  I then went through and added french knots to all the dots in the pattern. 
The end result--

My next project for the coming week is something I mentioned in an earlier post.  A friend of mine is pregnant.  One of the things I remember from when I was growing up is the cross stitch birth announcement that my grandma made for me.  I thought it would be nice to do the same for my friend.  She loves owls and I saw a kit on line for a cross stitch owl announcement and thought it would be cute to make for her.  So, I had hoped to start it this past week, but things veered from their course.  This coming week is when I'll start attempting it.

To show what I am in for this coming week, I have a little preview.  First the pattern.

Yes, a key is provided.  But the fabric provided is bigger than the image.  They also give a set amount of thread.  No extra for excessive mistakes.  No guidelines either.  It's up to me to figure out what goes where and in the right ratio.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment