Sunday, March 2, 2014

Second project

I decided this week I would do something a little more intricate than last week.  It took way longer than I expected it too, but the final product was quite nice.  Ultimately, this will end up on my wall.  I will be switching it up in the coming weeks.  I purchased a kit (I know I said I wouldn't!) for a friend that is having a baby.  The kit doesn't have a design on it and is completely free hand.  No blue lines to follow, but there are directions.

But first, something I forgot to mention in my previous post.  Thread is fickle.  It can be difficult to get it to lay flat and keep from twisting, pulling into a tight mess.  In the book that I pulled the design from last week (and this week), the author recommended separating the thread.  Each thread comes with six strands. Separating the thread from each other helps to keep the thread flat and from twisting in on itself.  

Now on to the project.  The design I chose has a middle eastern flair to it and I decided to use three colors: a bluish purple, light purple, and lime green.


The loom I used was a 6in loom and gives an idea of how big the design is. With the colors I chose, the design will be quite bright.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take in progress pictures with this one, but I do have a nice one of the final product.
I am quite happy with how it came out.  My lines aren't straight, but it's my creation and I'll get better as I go along. I like the mix of the purple and green.  The imperfections just add to the design.

Next week, I'll be free-handing a design!





No comments:

Post a Comment